Wednesday, January 23

rugby

I believe in the blood on the pitch, the jammed fingers, the broken ankles. I believe in rubber balls, knee socks, and pouring sweat. That we really are Barbarians, and that's why we wear our own logos. I believe in mud in every crevice of the body, that we are 15 as 1, that the try zone is home. I believe in the split play, the crash, and bananas, I believe in nicknames, tears of joy, pain of defeat, striped collared shirts, one shining moment. I believe in tourney season, that pain is progress. I believe in our mantra, that socials are the only true way to lose or win with grace. I believe that glory is fleeting, that Zulu's are a blessing, and that the line will always have my back. And above all else, I believe in the love of the game. This is what I play. This is what I love. RUGBY IS LIFE.

0 says: