some people can listen to a song over and over and over again and just keep going without ever getting sick of it. they call it "their song". few songs have done the same for me. and i think i've found my song, the one song that i'll never get tired of listening to and pouring my heart and soul into.
i can't think of any word to describe it other than beautiful - the feeling of losing yourself in it, crying yourself to sleep with it playing knowing everything will be better tomorrow. it's when the music speaks for you, talks to you, and you can finally scream out to the whole world whatever that's troubling you in your head without ever moving your lips. the silence so earth-shattering, the epiphany so ephemeral, the sorrow so real, the relief so fleeting.
Don't even think about reachin' me
I won't be home
Don't even think about stoppin' by
Don't think of me at all
I did, what I had to do
If there was a reason, it was you...
Don't even think about gettin' inside
Voices in my head, voices
I got scratches, all over my arms
One for each day, since I fell apart
I did, what I had to do
If there was a reason, it was you...
Footsteps in the hall, it was you, you
Pictures on my chest, it was you
It was you...
I did, what I had to do
And if there was a reason
Oh, there wasn't no reason, no
And if, there's something you'd like to do
Just let me continue, to blame you
Footsteps in the hall, it was you, you
Pictures on my chest, it was you, you
why do i do the things i do? will anyone ever understand? if there was a reason, it was because i believe in you...
+listening to: footsteps by pearl jam


0 says:
Post a Comment